Using separate illustrations entirely breaks the illusion of continuity and progression of your whiteboard explainer video.
We use interconnected imagery in these videos precisely to ensure your visual narrative is easier to follow. Adding up to the idea you are trying to get across.
Continuity is the essence of a whiteboard marketing video!
5.4. Changing the Whiteboard Cartoon Style:
We are all up for originality and making sure your whiteboard animated video feels unique.
That said, there’s only so much you can add to a cake before it stops being one!
Fulfilling the essential milestones of a whiteboard explainer video (animation style, narrator, and other tropes above) is indispensable for your video to work.
5.5. Poor (or non-existing) Animations:
Many people misinterpret the minimalistic and sleek style of whiteboard explainer videos as “simple”. So much so that you could even make whiteboard animation videos without animation and still get good results.
Nothing could be farther from the truth!
If anything, the absence of color and other distracting factors in whiteboard videos makes the animation that much more significantand necessary!
Movement helps keep the viewer’s attention in check, while it also helps convey the video’s ideas across in an entertaining way!
Whiteboard marketing videos that don’t use animation (or have poor animation quality) can’t be effective.
There are plenty of other things that can undermine your video´s effectiveness. Yet the ones listed here are indeed among the most egregious.
6. How to Choose a Whiteboard Video Company That Suits You
Given that we’ve already established that high quality and attention to detail are paramount for a whiteboard marketing video to work, it follows that the creative team behind it has to be able to meet those requirements. No excuses.
Otherwise, you are just wasting money and time on a whiteboard video that won’t meet your expectations and marketing goals!
The thing is that with so many businesses out there offering video marketing services, it can be tricky to separate the wheat from the chaff. To make that selection process easier for you and your company, here’s a simple to follow reference guide that can help you make the right choice.
- Quality and Expertise: When considering an animated video company, the first thing to check is their portfolio, previous work, and references. Get a feel for their work and make sure it meets your brand’s needs and standards.
- Communication: The provider you go for has to be reachable! Smooth and clear communication isn’t optional during a creative endeavor, and a whiteboard explainer video is no exception. The company you choose needs to make itself available to receive your input throughout the whole process.
- Customization: Having a tailor-made video that feels unique is integral to the piece’s performance. You should make custom whiteboard animation videos that reflect your company’s image and promote your brand effectively. Going for trite pieces of content with a recycled feel won’t do anybody any good.
- Feedback: Check out feedback and testimonials provided by previous clients, as well as reviews and comments. Not every client-business interaction is the same, but it’s worth it to know what other customers thought about the service they received.
- Whiteboard Explainer Video Price: As with anything else in life, you get what you pay for. Cheaper companies usually go for template videos with little or no originality. Broader marketing companies (that is, those companies that do not work exclusively with video) tend not to have enough mastery over the medium to craft genuinely unique and distinctive whiteboard videos. And finally, high pricing doesn’t always translate into high quality!
Regardless of your niche or focus, going for a production company that works exclusively with animated videos, accommodates your budget, and is able to deliver the quality you want should be your goal.
7. 5 Best Whiteboard Explainer Video Companies on the Market Right Now
- Yum Yum Videos
- Switch Video
- Video Scribe
If you’ve made it this far, you are probably set on using this style and want to make whiteboard animation videos that resonate with your audience. That’s awesome!
So, before you go, we’d like to share some of the best alternatives for whiteboard animation services on the market. The idea is to give you a solid starting point and frame of reference to look for the right video company, capable of making the whiteboard cartoon you want.
7.1. Yum Yum Videos
Ok, shameless plug here. But hey! We are genuinely passionate about what we do here at Yum Yum, and are glad to let our work speak for us!
What we bring to the table:
- All of our videos are 100% customized to our client’s needs.
- Our video’s quality is supreme, one of the best ones on the market.
- We offer the best price-quality guarantee.
- Our outstanding video production process is flexible, effective, and efficient.
- We provide our clients with an integrated video marketing strategy to help them grow their business.
On top of that, we’ve racked up experience working for hundreds of companies from over 20 different countries! Including remarkable brands like Walmart, DocuSign, Fox, Red Bull, and McKesson. To name a few. So yep, while it might be shameless, it’s not a plug without merit 😀
That said, you don’t have to just take our word at face value! Get in touch today and let us show you all we can do to bring your amazing whiteboard video to life.
The folks at Ydraw create great whiteboard marketing videos and mainly employ a cartoony art style that some people really like. Their focus is online video production and has been in the business since 2011.
Their team is dynamic and has a well-thought-out production process.